Heat, Humidity, and Video Recorders (?)

I need to monitor an area using four fixed, hi-res cameras, recording two minutes of video every twenty minutes, throughout the daylight hours.

The recorder will have to go in a "culvert" shack (about 5' diameter culvert pipe, vertical, with a hinged door cut into it, and a steel roof) that has 120v AC power available.

Here's the kicker: it gets *hot* at this California location; 110 deg. F days are not unheard of, and there is

*no* shade. I'm told that the shack is "surprisingly cool inside" on hot summer days (presumably because it is near the bank of a river, mounted off the ground, and has a few holes in it, here and there), but there's never been a temperature logger in there, so I'm not just a little apprehensive about the longevity of a DVR or VCR under those conditions. If it *is* cooler than I expect in the shack, it's probably because of evaporation from the river, which would mean high humidity, another ugly thought.

So, if anybody here has experience with video (analog or digital) recorders in high temp./high humidity conditions, I'd sure be grateful to hear about it.

Reply to
tbl
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to contact this company. I understand their experience and product is specifically geared to applications involving even higher temperatures...

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks Frank. Now if I can find high-temp recorders, I'm all set!

Reply to
tbl

VideoJet X10/X20/X40 -Video Encoders for extended environmental conditions

formatting link

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.