Setting Max-Concurrent-Calls per Lead Number across Multiple PRIs

Greetings,

We are getting ready to migrate multiple IVR applications to multiple PRIs hosted by my telco's DMS switch.

Each application will have a unique lead number with every lead number present on every PRI and even call distribution across all PRIs. The IVR software uses the DNIS dialed number to route each call to the correct application process on the correct server.

In the present system, concurrent calls are capped by the number of POTS lines in an analog hunt group. We are migrating from this ancient system to a stack of servers running IVR software. Some of those servers have PRI cards to receive the calls.

We must have a boundary between the applications to prevent one app from taking over all available B channels. I want to set a different concurrent call limit for each DNIS dialed number. Is there a straightforward way to do this with a DMS switch?

The max-concurrent-calls parameter I'm thinking of would certainly be set per dialed number. It also might apply per switch, per index-group, or per PRI. Any of those would work fine as long as it interoperates correctly with even call distribution.

Even if there is not a single parameter that corresponds to max-concurrent-calls, there may be a way to do this by setting several parameters and/or mappings creatively. Please think about it and let me know if you can see a way to do it. Email me direct if you would like to chat out-of-band.

What I'm laying out here seems perfectly ordinary to me. But I'm an IP not a voice guy. Does anyone see any gotchas?

For example, in surfing the question I just asked above, I read a chilling account from someone who was sniffing D channels and seeing calls with empty dialed-number fields. Am I right to count on DNIS? My naive understanding is that the dialed-number field is used to route the call and therefore a call cannot arrive without this field filled in.

Doug

Reply to
Doug
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.