Alteon : FIN/ACK don't close connection

Hi All

Sometimes sessions remain open on my Alteon. Timeout Alteon : 10min Timeout Server : 5min

I've done a tcpdump on the client side and on the server : Client send a SYN Server respond with a SYN/ACK Client send a ACK The session is ESTABLISHED on the alteon and on the server.

After this exchange nothing is sent by the 2 sides

After the 5min :

- the session table on the alteon is at 6 E

- the server close the connection (timeout of the application like apache) a FIN/ACK is sent to the client. The client respond with a ACK. The connection goes in TIME_WAIT1 on the server ...

But the alteon doesn't close the session and ... more it updates the session table by passing (againg) the aging time to 10min.

The session remains opened on the alteon during at least : 5 min (timeout of the application on the server) + 10 min (timeout of a TCP session on the alteon).

Do you know how the alteon could take the FIN/ACK (send by the server) as a closing TCP session sequence ?

Thank

Reply to
Lucho
Loading thread data ...

I've found the problem ! There was an ACL with a permit ANY but nothing else in. I removed it on the port ... and it works !

Lucho a =E9crit :

Reply to
Lucho

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.