Alteo health script

hi ng,

i have three servers which i load balance on an ad4. the health check should be with:

open 80 send "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1\\\\r\\\\n\\\\r\\\\n" expect "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" close

but this failes !?

it works with:

open 80 send "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1\\\\r\\\\nHOST:IP1:80\\\\r\\\\n\\\\r\\\\n" expect "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" close

this works with all three servers, but the IP i filled in is just the IP of server1.

what happens when server1 goes down at all ? why is it like that ? why is it not working like shown in the first script ?

regards Reinhold

Reply to
Reinhold Just
Loading thread data ...

When you are sending a HTTP/1.1 request a Host: header is required. It's part of the spec. The server is returning a 400 Bad request not a

200 OK. So either add a Host: header or change the request to a HTTP/1.0.

Angler

Re> hi ng,

Reply to
anglerpd

hi angler,

thanx for answer. i just was thinking for the alteon, so i didn't thought for anything else. so far so good. the site "index.html" is writen in HTTP 1.1. so i get

500 server error when i check it with HTTP 1.0. now i do it with HOST:
formatting link
it is working !? is there another option i don't see ?

best wishes, Reinhold

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com schrieb:

Reply to
Reinhold Just

hi angler,

thanx for answer. i just was thinking for the alteon, so i didn't thought for anything else. so far so good. i get 500 server error when i check it with HTTP 1.0. now i do it with HOST:

formatting link
it is working !? is there another option i don't see ?

best wishes, Reinhold

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com schrieb:

Reply to
Reinhold Just

No, HTTP 1.0 should also work. Maybe your server doesn't support 1.0, I don't know. The script should look like this...

open 80 send "GET /index.html HTTP/1.0\\\\r\\\\n\\\\r\\\\n" expect "200 OK" close

On the other hand you can do a simple HTTP1.0 health check by setting the group health check to http and the content to /index.html. See the Application guide for details on application health checks.

Angler

Re> hi angler,

Reply to
Angler

Angler schrieb:

hi angler,

the script you suggest i tried first. i did not work. the second i will try.

thanks again, regards Reinhold

Reply to
Reinhold Just

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.