JP1 cable to program your universial remote control, now you cancontrol anything you want!

I have a few JP1 cable for universial remote control for sale.

If you are interested, please visit:

formatting link

1. What is JP1? JP1 is a home-made process that you can use to re-program your UEI remote (ie, One For All and Radio Shack brands) from your PC. Not only does it allow you to manage your macros, etc in a much easier way than doing it on the remote itself, it also lets you overcode some of the silly restrictions that are programmed into these remotes and it lets you add upgrades which let the remote to control devices it would not otherwise control.

1. Why Do I Need JP1? If you have a JP1 compatible remote, but it doesn't control all of your devices, you need JP1 so you can add upgrades which will let your remote control those devices. While some UEI remotes are equiped with modems that allow you to download upgrades over the phone (or web), this only works if UEI has already developed an upgrade for your un-supported device. With JP1 you don't need to wait. In most cases, someone else has already developed an upgrade that you can use, and even when there's no upgrade available, you can easily create one yourself, as I will describe in this document.

2. What Equipment Do I Need? Well, for starters, you need a JP1 compatible remote, these are remotes made by UEI. The two main brands that you will find in the stores are ?One For All' and ?Radio Shack', but there are several other remotes out there that are also JP1 compatible. To see if your remote is JP1 compatible, open up the battery compartment and see if there's a 6-pin conenctor in there. If you see 6 holes rather than a 6-pin connector, you remote probably needs extra parts to be JP1 compatible.
Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.