High Rear Bookshelf Installation

When I finished my basement, I had a properly ventilated cubby built in the tray ceiling to set my projector. The projector is about 14ft back and about 7 1/2ft high.

What recommendations do you have for a sub $2k projector that can sit in my cubby with a decent throw angle? I notice most compensate for throw angle when a projector is on a coffee table but I dont see the opposite where you can compensate when it is above your head.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

I have the Panasonic PT-AE900U, which is probably a couple hundred bucks above your limit. However, it is a native 16:9 projector. It has a generous zoom lens that will hit any reasonable sized screen from 14 ft. I have mine mounted on the ceiling, 13'6" from the screen and the top of the image will project at least a foot below the ceiling without tilting the projector or using any digital keystone.

I see The Projector People have it listed for $2299 with a $400 rebate, so that puts it right into your price range.

formatting link

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell wrote on 8/13/2006 2:23 PM:

formatting link
Thanks Larry. I am looking at that one, but my AE700 just died one month after the warranty was up so I am a little hesitant to go with another Panasonic.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Hmmm. What happened to it?

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

I bought the Sanyo Z-4 last december . I went with it over the Panasonic only because of the 3 year warrenty... so far I've had no problems,, I have the same setup your looking at. the projector is on a shelf about 7.5 feet high. 16 feet back. The lens shift would put the image even lower if I needed it. Without useing the software keystone.

I'me viewing a 100" wide image...

I made my own screen out of black out cloth from a fabric store.

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.