Comments on Yamaha RX-V1600

Hi All,

Fairly new to all of this, and although I have done lots of reading it still boggles the mind with all the details and features one should look for. I want a quality audio receiver which can handle HDMI input for HDTV (Sony Grand Wega 55"). I've landed so far on the Yamaha RX-V1600 which in canadian prices I've been quoted so far $1100.

So questions that come to mind, what would be comparable receivers in quality and price range that I should be comparing thsi receiver to, and is $1100 a fair price or are their online stores that have them cheaper? If anyone has one and want to comment, I have already read many reviews from users and am comfortable with this level of receiver, just having a hard time figuring out what other brands and models to compare it to.

Thanks in advance for any information you may offer.

Happy New Year!!!

Reply to
Guestspeaker
Loading thread data ...

Hi, Onkyo, Denon. I have RX-V2500 which is bit older than 1600. If you're into listening to music, you'd like Yamaha receivers. I used Yamaha car audio and amps, receivers over the years. Never let me down. Out at my cabin I have an even older/lesser HTR-5650 which is still working fine and sounds good. And don't forget good speakers. Get best you can afford. Good luck. Tony Calgary

Reply to
Tony Hwang

did you look at the RXV-2600? The unit is a little bit more, but packs more bang for the buck! I have the 2600 and its f'n fantastic. I just recently paired it with a Harmony 880 remote to control all my devices.. another wise choice.

Reply to
jkalina

Hi, Same here. Harmony 880 is so easy to use. Now peace in our family room. My speakers are Infinity. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks, I did look at the RXV-2600 but I was told that the only diff was like you said a bit more power. The room isn't huge so I think the RX-1600 will do me fine. I agree with the Harmony, although I was more leaning towards the 628, the 880 would defiantley be nice, but I'm buying a TV, new Reciever and new speakers all at the same time. Gotta give somewhere :-(

Thanks again for the opinions!

Reply to
Guestspeaker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.