X-10 Wall Switch Pushbutton Repair

Hey everybody. I used to be very active on this group, but I have not post ed in many years. I think we have all dealt with X-10 wall switches with b ad pushbuttons (the WS-467 variety), and after collecting a few bad switche s I decided to figure out a more robust repair. This involves using a stan dard tactile pushbutton switch in the place of the flimsy metal spring in t he original design.

Here is a write-up:

formatting link

FYI, My Home Automation system components are here:

formatting link

- Dr. Edward Cheung

Reply to
Beaver
Loading thread data ...

Good to see someone posting here. I check it daily. I think most people have gotten away from Usenet, unfortunately. But I guess the true dinosaurs still lurk here. I have read many of your articles and I still use X10 stuff everywhere in my house. I even used a whole house code for Halloween stuff in front of my house. I tried to use one of the so called Powerflash modules to send an X10 signal whenever someone gets between the sensors in front. This turns on other stuff and alerts me in the house. I've found the Powerflash module to be highly unreliable. I've finally dumped it and have gone to a outlet box module (XPT3) to send an X10 signal when a low voltage connection is made. It works well.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Yes, I can see the traffic has dropped considerably from years ago. I reme mber you Art from the days when was active. I have not changed my system m uch so I turned to other hobbies. After 20+ years the whole family uses th e system without thinking much about it. All the best.

- Dr. Edward Cheung

Reply to
Beaver

Thanks for the tip!

The switches I have problems with are the Icon ones with the small button switch, that corrodes over time in damp areas like bathrooms. I've got a couple of those I need to tear apart and find replacement switches for.

A lot of my house is still basic X-10 devices. I was just looking at the date of my first HomeSeer license and was surprised at how long some of this stuff has been in operation. :)

Reply to
Brian W. Antoine

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.