roZetta lives!

roZetta has been on life-support for a while but ZBasic is making some changes to allow X-10 TTL I/O in the background (a la the way they handle serial streams) which has been better for roZetta's health than mouth-to-mouth resuscitation or even gallons of resveritrol.

The changes will let me eliminate the adapters that had been needed to deal with the sometimes laggard interrupts and I can utilize my initial board design. It does require use of the ZX-40a version of the ZBasic chip but being able to jettison the adapters more than compensates for the $10 extra for the "a" version of the chip.

The changes also allow specifying the X-10 data polarity so I can make the opto-couplers optional. I don't think they are needed but anyone who feels otherwise can build an adapter.

Another change to an existing ZBasic function will greatly improve handling of RF and IR inputs without any significant increase in overhead. Long range it should allow using non-X10 RF & IR codes as inputs. I expect to have an alpha version of the new ZBasic in a matter of days. If all goes well I should be able to finalize everything and have boards available just after the first of the year (assuming ZBasic releases the new version by then).

I will have a handful of fully assembled boards (less ZX-40a, EM202 and optional battery-backed RTC module) available before year-end for about $60 each. Some have already been betrothed. I will provide details on my web page once they are ready.

If you are interested in following further developments, the roZetta group on Yahoo is likely to see a bit more traffic from this point.

The roZetta PDFs on the web page are now out-of-date. I'll try to bring them up to date over the next few days.

This took 4-5 times as long as I expected when I started but I think the end result will be worth the wait.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

Better it than you or me!

Great! - something to look forward to for the new year. Keep up the good work!

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Got the new chip in the morning mail. I need to build another board for it, take some pix, and update the documentation. I should be able to start testing late today or first thing tomorrow.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.