replacement CM11a firmware available

I have made available on
formatting link
source for replacement
firmware for the CM11a along with a unix daemon that provides my standard
tcp/ip interface.
The replacement firmware is in no way compatible with the OEM firmware and
also requires certain pins to be rerouted between the PIC and CM11a board.
The firmware provides a low-level interface to the power line. Received
bits are grouped 6 at a time and sent to the host. The host transmits
by specifying a bit string and a repeat count. All encoding/decoding is
done in the host. Normally once the host has seen 7 or more zero bits
further zeroes are suppressed, but for full real-time analysis a flag is
provided to force all bits to be transferred. An additional flag is
available to disable three-phase transmission support and the supplied
daemon sets this flag by default.
I've been running this code for a few days but it should of course be
considered preliminary. Further documentation will be available depending
on the level of interest...
Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com
Reply to
Dan Lanciani
Loading thread data ...
Dan,
About 3 years back, I persuaded Dom Kinzer of ZBasic to add low level X-10 functions implemented in the background and buffered a la a software UART. It automatically handles all I/O, setting flags to signal a reception, etc. and filling a bit array as a signal is received. For output you merely fill a bit array and bits are sent automatically at ZC. It even incorporates the extra AGC signals needed with a CM15A should you want to play with it.
The cheapest ZBasic chip is the ZX-328n (DIP-28) at $10 or the ZX-32n (TQFP-32) at $15. Both have a bootloader preloaded. The ZBasic software is free. It compiles to native Atmel machine code for the 'n' version of the chips.
formatting link
formatting link
You would need to mount them to a daughterboard that then replaces the X10 MCU. And they need a XTAL and serial interface circuitry. These days there are inexpensive ethernet-serial interfaces for those who want a network interface.
formatting link
ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:
Reply to
Dave Houston
Since a lot of people still use the discontinued CM11A as the powerline interface for PC-based automation software, I've been working on a XTB version with a RS232 interface. It is based on the new PIC16F1823, and will emulate the "real-time" CM11A command protocol. It will not include timers, macros, or any other "controller" functions.
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Volp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.