Home Automation Software?

Hi there. I am looking into getting some home automation software that I can customize to a good degree. I got homeseer trial, but I find it both clunky (the interface is very slow), and expensive. I'm wondering if there's any good open source programs (preferably written in C or a derivative) that can control my Insteon power-linc, and USB- UART. I don't need web access, just to be able to send and recieve commands, and to be able to run custom scripts when I get an event.

Thanks

John

Reply to
julvr
Loading thread data ...

Hi John

Dont think theres xPL support for Insteon But it does have an Plugin for the USBUIRT... and its FREE........Have a look here

formatting link
HTH Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

HomeDaemon is open source - it doesn't support Insteon, but does support ZWave, and you could add a module to do whatever else you wanted.

See my home page for the link.

Reply to
Karl Denninger

Have a look at Misterhouse (misterhouse.sourceforge.net). It's written in perl and has support for about every device available.

Markus

Reply to
Markus Baertschi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.