Converting Smarthome twoway appliance module 2001STW

Just successfully converted my first appliance 2001STW in 220V.

To adapt the power supply part, applying the basic principles give the expected result (27 R replaced by 68 R, 2 or 3W, replacing two blue large capacitor : 1.5 (1.5K) microF by 680nanoF and 220(.22K) nanoF by 100nanoF (630V at least).

Stay a big challenge, the original relay coil is 110V, meaning that replacing it by a 220V cost 50% of the module original price.

Being unable to find in my "home" stock one relay fiting inside, I choosed to replace it by a SSR (Sharp S216S02).

Smartlinc module has the specifity (in comparaison of X10), to use "standard relay" approach, meaning that the coil is still powered for ON state (X10 use a "pulse" approach giving the well known big "shot" noise).

By providing a permanent 5V feeding during ON state, plugging the SSR is straighforward (before R14, adding a 680R on SSR command) and cut existing strap to on board white optocoupler.

Local control work great (better than for the lamp module (2000STW). But doesn't support the local control OFF detection (looked a while before discovering in the usermanual that it's a normal behaviour).

I will test deeper with fluorescent bulb and electronic halogen transformer.

Hope it helps

Thierry

Reply to
Thierry PARENT
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.