Control4 shipping Zigbee

According to the manufacturer, it's for "existing homes already wired for Ethernet or homes under construction seeking complete home automation." That seems to imply that the Ethernet dimmer is controlled using category cabling. Their wireless lighting controls are not Ethernet.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass
Loading thread data ...

Nice, especially the touchscreens. Any idea about prices?

I've noticed that Mouser now has Zigbee SDKs at reasonable prices.

They also have an 802.11B to serial module for just over $100.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Reply to
Dave Houston

WHERE'S THE PRICING INFO?

Reply to
wkearney99

Maybe I was making an incorrect assumption, but I was assuming that, though these devices are based on Zigbee at the low level 'on the wire' protocol level, that they are not designed to be interoperable with generic Zigbee devices, right? Given the proprietary nature of their system, it just seemed likely to me that they wouldn't be interested in doing otherwise, since folks could then just buy generic Zigbee based versions of switches and other things, instead of buying Control4 products (where there is overlap), and Control4 installers would have to deal with all the possible issues of generic Zigbee devices being introduced into the Control4 system.

Am I incorrect in that assumption?

------------------------------------- Dean Roddey Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems

formatting link

Reply to
Dean Roddey

High as in Radio RA or as in Vantage or Crestron? There's quite a range.

Reply to
wkearney99

My guess its its going to be very high.

If you have to ask you can't afford it

Really though, I think there target is very high end installers. I'm curious about pricing and trying to find out something.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hi,

The sales rep for Control4 was in Toronto last week, I unfortunately did not get the time to meet and see the products but I know that it is targeted to the average consumer not the high end. I don't have the exact pricing so don't hold me to this but I was told that a dimmer is around the $100 mark. LCD control pannel $700 ( Pricing is from word of mouth..not sure )

I will try get more details from a friend that did meet with him. The developers used to work for Crestron..

Hopefully Zigbee has finally reached the automation market

Reply to
C Hisch

Reply to
Dave Houston

Interesting.

It's still out of my price range But I suppose some may say "afforable".

And I wonder if that is dealer or suggest retail?

I'm still a Zwave man.

Reply to
Brian

Average that's not DIY. News thus far has it they're totally opposed to the DIY market. While it's always good to have installers as an option it'd be unfortunate to see that forced on the consumers (again) as their only option.

Some of us know what we're doing and resent the typical installer's bullshit and f*ck-ups. Especially when paying extortionist rates.

Heh, and right after I go and buy some Radio RA gear. Figures.

Reply to
wkearney99

Be patient. If the product looks good enough I'll get one of the big distributors to stock it for my online store.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.