Basic Security Camera Hookup Question...

I am putting one camera outside and hardwiring it to a tv in my house. The camera has coax and so does my cable going to that tv now. How do I add another video feed? Just use a splitter having the cable & camera video going in and one coming out to my tv? Will this work the best? Thanks very much. bobo

Reply to
bobo
Loading thread data ...

I just noticed the tv I am hooking up the camera to has a coax input that is not being used. Can I just use that and not worry about splitting?

Reply to
bobo

That won't work. The camera is baseband and the TV input is broadband. You can plug the camera into the TV's video input (where you'd plug in your camcorder) or use a modulator to put it on an unused channel.

Reply to
BruceR

That would be the better choice IF it's the baseband input and not going to a tuner. Is there a yellow RCA jack on the TV? THAT's where you want to plug it in.

Reply to
BruceR

What do I need to buy to convert the coax to video inputs?

BruceR wrote:

Reply to
bobo

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

or:

formatting link
if you already bought BNC's..

Reply to
G. Morgan

Can anyone direct me to a web site that has complimentarysecurity camera hookup diagrams? Thx, Mark

Reply to
bobo

The

formatting link
catalog has some good diagrams.

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.