WatchGuard v Juniper

Have to replace some PIXs.

Narrowed the selection down to WatchGuard x750e v Juniper SG140. They both meet all the basic criteria and each one has it's advantages.

My only concern left is support. The sales people say the normal sales talk i.e. fast resolution blah blah blah.

Anybody with experience of either care to share their thoughts??

Reply to
panikos
Loading thread data ...

Am Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:50:53 -0800 schrieb panikos:

I made exelent experiences with juniper (ssg140 & ssg1000), you have everytime the opportunity to expand the firewall to a ha cluster or ocspf routing via ipsec etc. In my opinion the best commercial appliance I've ever seen.

cya

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

I have around 80 Watchguard Firebox, everything from the Firebox II, II/1000 to the X1250e units and find that support has greatly improved over the years. While I have a choice of anything on the market, I stick with WatchGuard as my primary choice. We're using them with customers all over the USA and in two development centers in India.

Reply to
Leythos

if u r looking from a utm perspective ...i suggest u have a look into fortinet...otherwise if its goin to me more of firewall/ips solution the juniper will do a gr8 job...even juniper support is good...

Reply to
Arjun

WatchGuard provides all of that in a single solution, and you can upgrade the performance of the firewall with a soft-key without having to replace the box.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.