Some connections don't work

I'm on Xp (a recently bought netbook) and am having problems in connecting via bluetooth (not able to connect to anything) and in connecting to my Motorola via Usb cable, after having set up the proper drivers and software. The log of the Motorola modem gives back some errors and can't identify the phone.

My doubt is that perhaps I've overdone something.

I've run the little app of Volker Birk, chosing the pc-alone option but enabling the DHCP service.

Beside that, I've "hardened" Xp following some tips found on the 'net. Here they are:

1) disabled netbios over tcp/ip 2) disabled client for microsoft networks and file and printer sharing. 3) changed computer name to underscore (_) 4) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlset\\Control\\Lsa\\restrictanonymous entered value 2 (disables null session enumeration) 5)in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlset\\Services\\LanManServer\\Parameters deleted values in NullSessionPipes 6) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlset\\Services\\Tcpip\\Parameters entered the value 0 in EnableIcmpRedirect (disabled) same for DeadGwDetect entered the value 1 in EnableSecurityFilters (enabled)

May it be that some of these settings are preventing the good functioning of the connection?

Thank you in advance

-FG

Reply to
userid
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.