Personal Firewalls - A Complete Failure

Hey Volker, your fame is spreading.

Personal Firewalls - A Complete Failure

formatting link
For those whose German is not as rusty as mine, links to the original articles are provided.
formatting link
formatting link
Ron :)

Reply to
Ron Lopshire
Loading thread data ...

It looks to me like the original post has already been yanked.

Huh!?! What about that?

Reply to
Rod Engelsman

Notice that it's not Kaspersky stating the PFW are failures, it's a comment by a poster to a open forum.

Reply to
Leythos

Rod,

Yes it was, and probably appropriately. Perhaps I should have waited. It is the only English translation that I have seen of the two German articles. I wish that I had saved a copy, but at least I read it. One can always, of course, get a copy from bugmenot. I don't know if it his translation, but perhaps he or someone else will post it elsewhere. If I find a copy, I will post the link.

Reply to
Ron Lopshire

Leythos,

Correct. And the only PFW mentioned was NIS, and then, IIRC, only that it and all others tested had failed Volker's test. As I said, perhaps I should have waited until I found a permanent copy of the English translation.

Reply to
Ron Lopshire

Which articles? Judging from the URLs you provided you are probably referring to our speech at the University of Ulm and the test of some Personal Firewalls conducted in January 2005. Alex hosts the German version of the former as well as an English translation [1] of it. The latter exists only in German I'm afraid.

[1]
formatting link
cu 59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

| I'm sorry, Bugmenot, but this simply does not belong in the "Home user | forum for Kaspersky products", i hope you can see this, it should be | posted at a forum for general security questions. smile.gif

Hm... ;-)

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Hallo Volker Birk, Du teiltest mit:

You snipped the important part of this "message": | This post has been edited by Don Pelotas: 23.05.2006 16:26

Found at an other part of this forum:

| Global Moderator | Group: Gold beta testers

Hmmm.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Ewert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.