Options on Firewall,VPNs, IDS

I got one interesting job. I have to write on an article for Information Security magazine about problems people have with Firewall,VPNs and IDs what problems they didn't solve, and so forth.

Would you like to be interested in participating? I would be really thankful if you can take some precious time from your busy schedule and help me out as I need it very badly.

Hoping for a reply soon from your side.

Thank you.

Best Regards, NAVTEJ KOHLI

Reply to
NAVTEJ KOHLI
Loading thread data ...

The biggest problems with Firewalls and VPN's is that all the noobs that get put in charge of a network and then open a VPN to the full network instead of limiting the VPN sessions to specific nodes/ranges of the LAN

- and also open ALL ports for the VPN session.

How about the difference between a NAT Router that vendors call a Firewall when it's just a router with no ability to determine HTTP from SMTP.

Reply to
Leythos

Congratulations.

OK, why not? How much are you willing to pay?

Your problem is just a question of how much you are willing to pay.

The more you offer, the more likely it is that you get the information you want and the faster you'll get them.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.