NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager, no application permission pop-ups?

When I open an application that accesses the Internet, it gains access but I get no pop-up asking for my permission.

The firewall setting is High and both of these settings are enabled:

Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) Informational dialog box

Any leads/hints?

Thank you.

Reply to
John Doe
Loading thread data ...

Why should you?

Specify your problem clearly. It seems like everything works as expected.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

RTFM

newssvr29.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.net!newsdst01.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.com!newscon04.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.net!news.astraweb.com!border2.newsrouter.astraweb.com!news.glorb.com!volia.net!news2.volia.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!news.dfncis.de!not-for-mail

HKBUHmWTuVcpQDI23uWXfAo7VshGY9X+OmUMWegEZEuaXP5ayEn0C/RHUj

Gecko/20070222 MultiZilla/1.8.3.0h SeaMonkey/1.1.1

Reply to
John Doe

I did RTFM. If an application decides that it doesn't need to pull such a pop-up window, it simply bypasses it or clicks it away for you. And since because of this such popups are useless, any reasonable user has disabled this stupid functionality anyway.

So, why do you expect any popups if, presumably, you have disabled this functionality and/or the applications decide to ignore the popup generator?

BTW: Your newsreader seems to go mad.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Obviously you haven't.

That's not what the manual says, it's been fixed, and that doesn't happen.

So your answer is "I don't like what you're trying to do so I'm going to spew nonsense in reply".

Sounds like you're offended by your own cluelessness.

That's totally obscure, from someone who wants others to specify clearly.

Sounds like a personal problem on your end.

newssvr29.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.net!newsdst01.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.com!newscon04.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!newsfeed.freenet.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!news.dfncis.de!not-for-mail

7BlTeaS8sywmMh6N196whQmmSAxuRYYHZhnRr8DF9UmfYMN3cARvfNZ3Ya

Reply to
John Doe

I did. But I found nothing relevant. Or sane.

Indeed, that's a trivial fact that the manual and the creator of this functionality totally ignores. The manual only describes the functionality, not how useless it is.

There is nothing to fix, and it happens. Trivially.

No. I'm telling you that this functionality is useless. Trivially. I don't care what impression of it might be or what impress it creates.

No. I'm telling you that your expectation is unjustified.

Again: If an application doesn't want to generate such a popup, it will work around it and no popup will be generated. Thus, how can you expect any such?

Look at your posting: A lot of empty lines at the end, and then you're quoting the entire header of the reply. Looks very broken, and this is not typical for XNews.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Navigation) and click on the help link in the top right of the page.

Like nothing in your head. Even though I'm sure you will continue acting confused, this text is from the manual:

ActiveArmor Firewall Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) Configuration To access the ActiveArmor Firewall IAM Configuration page, from the ForceWare Network Access Manager menu, click Firewall >

Advanced Configuration > Application.

You can use this configuration page to create firewall rules based on the name of an application.

When any application attempts to open a new network connection as a client or as a server, you are prompted to Allow or Deny the application's access to the network interface. When you allow or deny an application through the popup dialog box that appears as your application attempts to access an outside network, an application-based firewall rule is created or modified in the Application Table.

newsdbm02.news.prodigy.net!newsdst02.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.com!newscon02.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!news.dfncis.de!not-for-mail

+mnFpNB+KZdIod/++gRb7g8hrjSGRPrOqMhIGOEazVoTGD13HBbJB9tLsG

Reply to
John Doe

And why exactly should any application attempt to open a new network connection as a client or as a server? Why not simply attempting to open a network connection using the Raw Sockets API? Or its own NDIS driver? What about WinPCap? What about the application remote-controlling another application that you already added to the list?

You're totally ignoring that there's absolutely no way this functionality could be effective. Thus you shouldn't expect it to behave such.

(Beside that: Why do you even care? Disable this functionality and your problem is solved. That's no need to bother getting a furtile and annoying functionality working.)

(BTW: Your newsreader is still broken.)

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.