Norton Internet Security 2004 Firewall & WinXP Pro VPN Server

Hello

When NIS 2004 is disabled I can successfully connect to my VPN Server from my VPN Client. Both Client and Server are behind NAT routers with ISP assigned dynamic IP addresses.

With NIS 2004 enabled I receive 'Error 651: The modem has reported an error'. I have tried the following -

1. Created general rule permitting TCP 1723 traffic to pass through - Error 651.
  2. Created general rule permitting all TCP/UDP/ICMP traffic, inbound and outbound, to pass through - Error 651.
  3. Added the dynamic client IP address to the Trusted Zone - VPN connection works. My understanding is that Trusted Zone addresses are NOT processed through the firewall rules.

The third option is not a practical solutions with dynamically assigned Client IP addresses.

I have concluded that NIS Firewall is broken. Can anyone confirm this or highlight what I have missed?

Thanks for any feedback.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.