Is this possible?

I am on a dedicated server @ my hosting company. It has a iptables firewall running on it. It has 1 ethernet interface that has 8 ip's on it. I need dedicated ips for the secure certs. This is currently hosting 5 websites all static ip.

I am thinking about building & co-locating a new dual proc server(also has dual gigE ports). They have offered 4U space and (1) ethernet drop. The server is 2U so I would like to use another 1U unit as a firewall and email server and place it between the internet and my new colo server. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do.

I don't know how to pass thru to the new server. Everything I tested comes up as one (1) address on the local side

Something makes me think that this is not possible?

Any Help is appreciated.

Totally Confused!

Reply to
Charlie White
Loading thread data ...

Go with a layer 2 transparent firewall, a great firewall that can do layer 2 transparency is the Cisco ASA. Run both servers inside with public IP's on them.

1U email server 1U ASA 2U Web server
Reply to
Brian V

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.