How to annoy script-kiddies? - suggestions wanted

I'm in the mood for playing games with the bad guys, and both MIRROR and TARPIT look like fun. However, I don't want to be a nuisance to people who merely make mistakes. So does anybody have any ideas for iptables commands that will make the script-kiddies (and *only* the script-kiddies) very upset?

Meanwhile, this might be *slightly* annoying for them:

/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -p tcp \\ --dport 22 -m recent --set /sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 22 -m state \\ --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 600 --hitcount 3 -j DROP /sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -p tcp \\

--dport 22 -j ACCEPT

Reply to
Peadar Ruadh
Loading thread data ...

Turn off your computer.

Reply to
jon

Please explain how to do that. In Win95b.

Reply to
Peadar Ruadh

That's your second question here that falls into the: "If you need to ask the question..." category.

Go and listen to Runrig and chill. :-)

Reply to
jon

It's old news and highly unlikely to annoy anyone, but *will* help keep the garbage out of your logs. Don't make the settings too aggressive, though, or you'll lock yourself out every once in a while.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Win 95b. I remember that OS. It's kinda old now.

-th

Reply to
Celticdm

To find the menu point to SHUT DOWN the computer, you must press the START button, for obvious reasons. *SCNR*

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

"old" as in "did man already have fire back then?".

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.