Checkpoint user/group glitch

I'm using Checkpoing NG and have an odd problem.

I have a user authentication group where most of the members are resticted to one particular server using the "Location" tab. I have only one |Client Encryption" rule in the policy. That rule says that members of the group can only go to that same server.

One user is a member of the group but has no restriction on the "Location" tab. He can get to any server.

Now I'm trying to make another user, also with no restriction, but it isn't working. All visible settings for the user are exactly the same as the unrestricted user. Authentication works, but the new user only gets to the one server that normal users get to.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I noticed that when I right-click on the new user and choose "Where used," it reports that the obect is not used anywhere. However, it does appear in the group list. "Where used" works correctly for all other users.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simcha

Reply to
Simcha
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.