Can't load Citibank's secure web-sites

Gary, MVP, I got your back, , Gary S. Terhune, MVP, almost always know what he is talking about and remember MVPs are volunteers and only do this because they want to so have some respect for the guy and all MVP's and f___ (buzz) off. The only person that has actually accurately correctly Gary S. Terhune in a sincere and polite manner was Hugh Candlin, As Far As I Can Remember.

: > >I didn't mean to imply that it was a LinkSys issue, per se, only that : > >LinkSys support is excellent, and they generally are willing to help : > >t-shoot problems that even tangentially involve their hardware, like : > >knowing what configuration changes might be needed on your problem : > >machine. : >

: > I wouldn't recommend Linksys tech support to anyone. My sister-in-law : > spent eight hours on the phone with Linksys techs with names like : Mike, : > Mark, Brian, etc, who all mysteriously had Indian accents. She was : having : > trouble getting a connection to a Linksys wireless router using the : new : > Linksys wireless cards she had bought. : >

: > Eight hours total on the phone, fiddling with all sorts of settings on : her : > computer - bridging network connections, editing the registry, to no : avail. : > It took me about 15 minutes from walking in her door to having it : running. : > The first thing I checked was the firmware revision. All it needed : was an : > update. : >

: > -- : > ARREST, v.t. Formally to detain one accused of unusualness. : >

: > - Ambrose Bierce : >

:
Reply to
Dan
Loading thread data ...

Today the problem suddenly reappeared. I checked IPConfig right away and the mask was back to 255.0.0.0 Had to perform release/renew routine again.

I have a suspicion that it has something to do with me saving the router configuration using that computer (through http://192.168.1.1)The router itself (BEFW11S4 ver. 3) has a correct mask. The LinkSys wireless card does not seem to have mask setting at all.

Though I know now how to fix it the root cause still remains a mystery to me.

Reply to
Eugene F.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.