Belkin, Firewall won't let SMTP or POP3 pass

Using a Belkin router, I have virtual servers setup to allow POP3, SMTP, WEB and other ports through. All ports pass through fine (WEB, etc.) but I cannot telnet into the smtp or pop3 side using the external IP (from an external site). Internally, from a workstation I can telnet into 25 and 110 using the internal IP just fine. But from an external computer, I cannot get a connection to the IP address using ports 25 and 110. I tried both domain name and straight IP with no results. I have configured and reconfigured the router virtual servers but with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
bmalinis
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1103867523.957317.162410 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I don't know anything about a Belkin router, but I'll assume it works like any other router. If you want to make contact with a machine behind the router with an external machine initiating the contact, then you have to configure the router to do one or the other. You should stay out of the DMZ with the computer if the router has a DMZ.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.