2 adsl lines, 2 vigor 2800 and 1 Lan network HELP !

right, let me give you some background in this network.

i have 2 adsl lines from dirrfrent providers

Line #1 has 1 Static Ip

Line #2 has 8 Static Ip's

on line #1 i have a draytek 2800

on line #2 i have a draytek 2800

line #1 Lan ip is x.x.x.205 line #2 wan ip is x.x.x.44

line #2 Lan ip is x.x.x.204 Line #2 wan ip is x.x.x.217

Main VPN Server is located on x.x.x.50

Mail filtering Server is on x.x.x.58

Web mail Server is on x.x.x.220

Ok for thouse of you who have followed this carry on, for thouse of you

who are completley lost, go to

formatting link
belive me its more intresting.

on the both vigor routers i have setup port forwarding on the following

ports

1. 1723 - x.x.x.50
  2. 80 - x.x.x.220
  3. 25 - x.x.x.58

on each of the servers (there are quite a few) i have specified the default gateway as x.x.x.205 metric 1 x.x.x.204 metric 2

now i can connect via , vpn (pptp 1723 ), http ( 80 ) and mail inbound on 25 on the first line x.x.x.44 however when i try to connect to either port 1723,80,25 on the second line the router seems to accept the redirect pass it on to the correct ip and from there no magic is happening, there is no return to the client. its as if the packets get lost in a big black hole

i am connecting to the both lines using a 3rd line which is totally seperate from the entire network ( joys of being the IT manager )

Does any body have a dammed clue as to what is going on, please feel free to email me on this subject your help would be appriciated.

Cheers

Nelix

Reply to
nelix
Loading thread data ...

That's because the default gateway is set to the router of line 1 and so traffic will be routed to the line 1 router. You have asymmetric routing. Traffic comes into 2 and is passed to the server and then the server tries to route the reply to line 1.

Not sure why you thought that adding metrics to the static routes would achieve anything. The source address for the incoming connections is something on the internet so it will always use it's default gateway with the lowest metric if that gateway is reachable.

Chris.

Reply to
chris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.