Suggestions on How to Authenticate? Passwords, Certs, SecureID or?

Cisco's not supporting a 64bit VPN client is forcing us to take another look at how we Authenticate to out VPN.

We currently have a PIX 515e and are using Certificates to Authenticate the users. We have a MS Cert Server that Issues the Certs to the PIX and the Clients and all is good... Well till we bought the Vista 64bit machines.

So I'm looking for other alternative methods to Authenticate. It does not seem that the AnyConnect Client does Certs.

So what are others using to secure the VPN?

User ID and Passwords? How often do you change? Certificates? What Client are you using on 64 bit machines? SecureID? Anything else?

I have Approval to upgrade to the ASA 5510, though without a 64bit cient that Supports Certs, I'm still stuck.

Any tips would be apprecaited.

Thanks!

Reply to
scooter133
Loading thread data ...

With certificates, someone steals one of your laptops, and now they also have access to you network. User ID and passwords are more secure and you can even use Active Directory to authenticate the users so your users don't need another userid and password combination to remember. One-time passwords are even more secure that can also be integrated and managed using AD.

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.