Security Policy Rules [docs, whitepapers, pdf, etc]

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some refresher info on what's needed for writing policies? I have an ASA 5505 with 7.2(4) and ASDM version 5.2(4) with a couple of 871 Routers that will be in remote offices. I have the basic configuration on everything but am now to the point of having to create the policies and nat and such to allow the traffic through the ASA.

I am still relatively new to Cisco FW products. I do have some experience and understand the basics. But can't seem to find anything on Security Policy other than a lot of Phase 1, Phase 2, ISAKMP setups which I have completed. It's the rules that I am having issue with now.

TIA for any help and guidance you can offer.

Tim

Reply to
TimParker
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
to add just a bit more, this is one cisco page that I found that made perfect sense and I went through and followed these steps for the two

871s that I am working on deploying with our ASA5505 as the source.

But there is no mention of any security policy rules being needed here. I am pretty sure I do need to set up some rules with specific services/protocols to allow the traffic. That is what I am looking for some simple examples that I can then run with and modify to our environment.

Thanks.

Reply to
TimParker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.