restrict port connections on switch for known hosts only

hello. we got catalyst 29x and 3500 net infrastructure. cat. 2970 is central switch for cat295x and cat 3500 . i'm not primary net enineer so I need your help. Now we need to have way to restrict connection for unauthorized computers . We are running on ms 2k3 domain with 150 clients. I found port security -based on MAC . But is there other way to restrict connection - certificates ? If you have advice for technology or link for some reading please answer.

Thank you.

Reply to
pakozdy
Loading thread data ...

:your help. Now we need to have way to restrict connection for :unauthorized computers . We are running on ms 2k3 domain with 150 :clients. :I found port security -based on MAC . But is there other way to :restrict connection - certificates ? :

you should try 802.1x or vmps. You will need a radius server and to educate your users, or you need a vmps server (which can also be linux-based).

Regards Adam

Reply to
Adam KOSA

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.