Problem with WLBS and ASA firewall

Hi! I have an ASA 5510 firewall that we have configured in transparent (bridging) mode. We are trying to access a Microsoft Cluster through the firewall but the firewall keeps blocking the multicast mac addresses that the cluster use to access the cluster. The mac address starts with

03bf....... and the rest is the clusters ipadress in hex format. We have tried to find a way to configure the firewall to let this type of traffic trough but we have'nt found a way yet. Accessing the individual members of the cluster works fine. But then you use a unicast mac address. Any ideas?

Best regards Stefan Lundberg Goteborg University Sweden

Reply to
Stefan.Lundberg
Loading thread data ...

Try configuring a static MAC address entry for the multicast MAC address

Reply to
Merv

Sorry, it doen't work. When I try to configure a static multicast mac-adress I get an error message: mac-address-table static inside 03bf.xxxx.xxxx Unable to add static bridge entry.

If I try to add a "normal" unicast mac address it works OK.

/Stefan

Reply to
Stefan.Lundberg

Well that would indicate that it will not dynamically learn multicast MAC addresses.

I would suggest you take up this issue with your Cisco SE

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.