problem with pic in campus

Hi i am trying to install a pix in a campus network to access a core switch.I am using real ips.The inside interface is xxx.233.235.1/24 and the outside is xxx.233.252.13/30 routed to xxx.233.252.13/30.How can i get my computers connected to the inside interface browse the internet ?? !!

Reply to
skotostras
Loading thread data ...

In article , skotostras wrote: :Hi i am trying to install a pix in a campus network to access a core :switch.I am using real ips.The inside interface is xxx.233.235.1/24 and :the outside is xxx.233.252.13/30 routed to xxx.233.252.13/30.

You are routing the outside interface to itself ??

:How can i :get my computers connected to the inside interface browse the internet

If you can count on proxy arp, then just do a basic configuration, ip address the inside, ip address the outside, nat (inside) 1 the internal IP address range, global (outside) 1 interface and make sure the default route is set to the next hop.

If you cannot count on proxy arp, then the configuration is as above but the router must also be specifically set to route the appropriate subnet to the PIX.

If you want the outside to see the internal IP addresses unchanged, then static (inside, outside) xxx.233.235.0 xxx.233.235.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 and skip the nat and global statements; after that it is as per above, except that it becomes increasingly likely in that case that you will need to have the router explicitly route the internal IPs to the outside interface of the PIX.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.