PIX and NAT Timeout (SIP)

Hey all, I'm guessing this is a PIX problem. Not sure. Wanted to get some brainstorming. We have an internal network protected by a PIX. Our SIP server has 2 NICs, one on public address and one on internal address. Most of our Cisco 79XX series phones connect to the SIP server via the internal interface. No NAT translation here.

We have one phone (a softphone) that connects to the public IP of the server, which gets NAT'd by the PIX. What is the correct method to capture/monitor a specific hostname/port on the pix to watch for packets?

For example, in linux I can use "ngrep host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and port 5060" and see all packets that are comming/going to host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx via port

If that snif shows everything is OK, then I'm guessing there is some sort of NAT timeout period? How can I increase that timeout period?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Boehm
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.