PIX 515E running v7.0 slow Site-Site VPN

Hi group,

Before you all say I know I should not be running this in production but needs must.

I was just wondering if anybody had seen a problem between where the Site-to-Site VPN seems slow between PIX and CP-NG. Checed cisco.com and checkpoint.com but no results I can find.

CPU and Mem stats seem fine, beeing running debug crypto isakmp /ipsec, all looks OK, general internet broswing seems fine.

Any ideas? Thanks Jay

Reply to
thejayman
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jay,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco PIX 515/515E Security Appliance Memory Upgrade for PIX Software v7.0

Before installing this new release, the memory on Cisco PIX 515 and

515E Security Appliances must be upgraded.

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
BradReeseCom

Brad,

Thanks for the info. I have infact upgraded the 515/E with a restricted license to 128MB Jason

Reply to
thejayman

Brad,

Thanks for the info. I have infact upgraded the 515/E with a restricted license to 128MB Jason

Reply to
thejayman

Walter,

Thanks for the answer, it seems slow on all type, i have used ping etc with the flags to check the fragmention size and all seems ok, I was just wondering if there could be a small bug in v7.0(1), I can see they have released 7.0.(4). Thanks Jason

Reply to
thejayman

In article , thejayman wrote: :Before you all say I know I should not be running this in production :but needs must.

:I was just wondering if anybody had seen a problem between where the :Site-to-Site VPN seems slow between PIX and CP:NG.

:CPU and Mem stats seem fine, beeing running debug crypto isakmp /ipsec, :all looks OK, general internet broswing seems fine.

Is it "slow" for all kinds of traffic, or only for larger packets? I'm wondering if you might be running into MTU issues?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.