Need technical reviewers for Sybex books

I manage freelance editors for Sybex books. If you'd like to be part of our industry-leading certification study guide team, I invite you contact me.

For all of our cert books, we hire two contractors with knowledge of the book's specific subject matter:

- Technical editor: This editor reviews the manuscript as it's submitted. They identify technical errors, correct text phrasing or capping to match the subject (for example, software interface or exam objectives), and check art for accuracy. If a beta is involved, they help the author keep track of what's tentative, what's working, and what's final. The TE sometimes also makes recommendations on content, such as additional coverage, and other improvements that the author (time and page count permitting) might make.

- Technical proofreader: This editor reviews the book after it is polished and laid out in page proofs. This read-through looks for typos, wrong folder paths, wrong art, and other technical errors that can be corrected easily at the last minute.

Both of these editors should be very qualified on the book's topic; neither one needs to be an expert at composition or communication. We have other editors (developmental editor and copyeditor) who will advise the author on all levels of writing, from the organization of the outline down to correct punctuation.

I need a few folks soon for upcoming books on Cisco topics. If you'd like to participate, please send me your qualifications and *complete* contact information. Because some books require editors who have passed a specific exam, please list all your certifications and exams.

-- Pete Gaughan Editorial Manager Sybex, an imprint of John Wiley & Sons desk (415) 782-3263, cell (925) 330-1733

formatting link

Reply to
pgaughan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.