Looking for different VLAN functionality

I have recently gotten a switch to segment a network using VLANs. The catch is that I need one port on the switch (internet gateway server) to be accessible from all the other ports. I was told that the managed switch that I bought would provide this functionality, but after receiving it, I found that it will in fact, not. Are there any Cisco switches (or other brands/models for that matter) which will allow this sort of functionaly?

Thanks, Jacob

Reply to
Jacob
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jacob,

Well you haven't told us what switch you DO have to say what can be done with it... The old 1900's would struggle with this requirement, but just about anything from a 2924-XL onwards should be able to run multi-VLAN access ports.

Cheers..............pk.

Reply to
Peter

The one I have is a Dell Powerconnect 2708. I was originally told by purchasing that it would do this (it was on the list of specs), but tech support is telling me that it won't now. Anybody know if there is some way to work around and make the one I have work?

Reply to
Jacob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.