Logging Events and Debugs

I have a remote site whose connetivity keeps bouncing. It has a Cisco ASA

5505. When it goes down, I am unable to ping it or connect to it in any way from our central office.

The ISP has run tests repeatedly and says the circuit is "clean." I have also checked the system uptime on the ASA and it does not seem to be a power issue.

I opened a ticket with TAC, but made the mistake of phrasing it as a VPN tunnel bouncing problem. Now they are fixated on capturing VPN debugs, but I think it's probably more of a system-wide problem, perhaps hardware.

Anyway, my question is as follows: TAC is telling me I need to capture the logs via a TERM MON session. But since it's a remote site, and since I cannot connect when the circuit goes down, there is no way for me to do this.

Is there a way to capture logs to a buffer, or even a syslog server, so I can give TAC what they want and move on?

I have actually set up a syslog server, but for some reason it seems to be capturing everything -- not just debugs. I can't figure out how to make it just send debugs to the syslog server.

Thanks

Reply to
Mark C
Loading thread data ...

Make sure the time/date and timezone are set correctly and enable logging.

service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime service timestamps log datetime msec localtime logging buffered 32768 clock timezone EST -5 clock summer-time EDT recurring

Reply to
Thrill5

Hi,

you may check what kind of options the 'logging' command have to offer.

debug-trace Enable logging of redirect debug-trace output to syslog

ct,

Mark C wrote:

Reply to
Markus Sonnenberg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.