Increasing IOMEM on a c801

Hi Folks,

A client has an 801 router that occasionally logs memory allocation errors to the syslog server:

%SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of 260 bytes failed from 0x1D65CC, alignment 4 Pool: iomem Free: 216 Cause: Not enough free memory Alternate Pool: None Free: 0 Cause: No Alternate pool

The router only has 4M DRAM and 8M Flash, so I though I'd just add some extra DRAM. I tried it with a similar 801 in the office, and was surprised to find that even though the router recognised the 8M of DRAM, it did not increase the amount of that memory allocated to IOMEM - it all was added to the VM HEAP.

I looked at a variety of doument on the net, but there's no ROMMOM command to set the proportion of IOMEM as far as I can see, and the router wouldn't accept the config command "memeory-size iomem 25" or similar...

The IOS is c800-sy6-mw.122-26a.bin .

What am I missing?

Cheers, Dieter.

Reply to
Dieter Jansen
Loading thread data ...

There was a bug CSCds19423 that said that IO memory is limited to 1 Mb on IOS 12.2. The release notes says that it is a feature enhancement ;-). So if you need more than 1 mb iomem you're doing something strange.

Reply to
Ivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.