How to avoid getting BGP routes while getting a router's routing table

Hi everyone,

I am using SNMP to get a router's routing table, but it takes a lot of time because this router has BGP routes. Is there any way to avoid getting its BGP entries?

This is the route entry oid that i use to get the route table information: .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1

Thanks in advance,

Nelson Costa

Reply to
ncosta
Loading thread data ...

Drill down more and you get the .9 which is by protocol

OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.9 Type INTEGER Units Access read-only Status mandatory

The routing mechanism via which this route was learned. Inclusion of values for gateway routing protocols is not intended to imply that hosts should support those protocols.

Possible Values : other(1) local(2) netmgmt(3) icmp(4) egp(5) ggp(6) hello(7) rip(8) is-is(9) es-is(10) ciscoIgrp(11) bbnSpfIgp(12) ospf(13) bgp(14)

Reply to
stl-eng

I know that the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.9 returns the routing protocol. When i try to get that information, it takes a lot of time because the table returned has 171091 entries and i only want those that the routing protocol is ospf. Is there any way of getting only the ospf entries in order to take less time?

Thanks in advance,

Nelson Costa

Reply to
ncosta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.