GLBP for our WAN HA solution

Hi, all,

I have a network infrastructure which has the central office and three remote offices, they are linked together by site-to-site VPNs ( set up with Cisco PIX ).

we are going to set up the WAN HA solution in central office which will use three internet lines from three different ISPs.

Shall we purchase three Cisco Routers ( for ISP lines ) in Central office to build up a GLBP network :

1. each remote office will set up three site-to-site VPNs ( each for each ISP ) linking to central office to form the failover/load-sharing
  2. in central office, a PIX failover system behind the routers; the PIx failover system is the same subnet with LAN

I would like to know if the above infrastructure is practical ? does the above system achieve the bandwidth sharing and failover for WAN ?

Thank you so much for your input

Reply to
bensonlei
Loading thread data ...

Benson, I'm going to assume you are not only going to be using eBGP, but iBGP as well. I don't believe it would be a good idea to set up 3 separate VPN's per site. - one would probably be sufficient. If you set up more than one to each location, you'd have to set up some pretty tricky routing to make it work. I would suggest setting up two PIX's at the home office for HA. This would allow for an easier configuration and routing.

Just a thought, why three ISP's - two is usually enough.

Good Luck JC

Reply to
J.Cottingim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.