FR BECN/FECN packets count

If I don't have FRTS implemented on my FR config, should I anyway see any BECN/FECN packets (if congestion occurs) received from my FR carrier? Let's assume that my carrier supports FR congestion notification messages...

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic
Loading thread data ...

Yes and it works with T-COM...

Reply to
Omadon

You can see if you have received any FECNs or BECNs by using the "show frame-relay pvc" command. Just remember that without FRTS, while the FECNs and BECNs will have no impact on what you send, they are still a warning that the service provider has the right to discard any frames sent in excess of your service agreement.

Good luck and have fun!

Reply to
Vincent C Jones

Thanks for answers.... I thought so, I asked because I saw that my router receives FECN packets, but not BECN's and despite of that I'm pretty sure that I sometimes generate congestive outbound traffic. If this is so, and congestion somewhere in the FR cloud occurred then this means that the other end (SP router) of my PVC isn't configured for FR traffic shaping....True?

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.