Followup-Pix dynamic VPN question

> >I am having problem with our branch office. . They have PIX 501 and here we > >have PIX515. Last time when they lost VPN connection to our end, I told them > >to reboot 501 (remote PIX) but VPN didnt come back. They do dynamic VPN to > >515 end. To me rebooting 501 should bring the VPN back on, since they > >initial VPN connection. I aksed a user to ping one of our machine here using > >private IP from her computer because I thought that should help but didnt, > > That -should- have worked. > > >So finaly we had to telnet to 501 and do a ping inside in order to bring the > >VPN on. > > >Is this normal? is there anyway to fix this issue? > > Are you configured for isakmp identity address or for > isakmp identity hostname ? If you are configured for address then > it can take 20-30 minutes to be able to resume a connection after > the IP address changes.

It is configured for IP: On remote 501 I have:

isakmp enable outside isakmp key ********* address 515-IP netmask 255.255.255.255 isakmp identity address isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share

On 515: isakmp key ******** address 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 no-xauth no-config-mode isakmp identity address isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share

The IP has not be changed, just we had a power failure on remote site (501) and then even we rebotted PIX a couple of times or ping from a worksatation didnt bring the VPN back up (Internet was up). Any idea? Thanks-Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.