Dynamic NAT w/ Overload

Hi all, I seem to be having a really dumb problem, i know it is something simple that i am overlooking, and i have removed anything that i can think of that would be blocking my internal network from getting out, however when i do a show ip nat translations, it shows none. and nothing on my network can get out. My config is listed below, if you can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Current configuration : 1620 bytes ! ! Last configuration change at 19:54:11 UTC Thu Feb 22 2007 by

********* ! NVRAM config last updated at 19:43:01 UTC Thu Feb 22 2007 by ********* ! version 12.2 no service pad service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname 806Gate ! no logging console enable secret 5 $1$r.Lp$ial55SKOWn/vAPqKZGva10 enable password ******* ! username *********privilege 15 password 0 ****** username Cisco privilege 15 password 0 $1$W1fA$o1oSEpahIwFVFQsbWn ip subnet-zero no ip routing ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.1 ! ip dhcp pool Clients import all network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 dns-server 65.32.1.70 default-router 10.10.10.1 ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 description LAN ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache no cdp enable ! interface Ethernet1 description Internet ip address dhcp client-id Ethernet1 hostname 806Gate ip nat outside no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache no cdp enable ! ip nat inside source list 1 interface Ethernet1 overload ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ethernet1 ip http server ip http authentication local ! ! access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255 no cdp run banner login ^C We know where you live.... ^C banner motd ^C If you see the buddha, kill the buddha... ^C ! line con 0 exec-timeout 0 0 stopbits 1 line vty 0 3 exec-timeout 0 0 password ****** login local length 0 line vty 4 exec-timeout 0 0 privilege level 15 password ****** login local length 0 transport input telnet ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 ntp clock-period 17177559 ntp server 192.5.41.209 end
Reply to
IamCdop
Loading thread data ...

i have the same problem i make just like you... ip nat inside source list ? and not see translation with show ip nat translation only with debug ip nat then i see.... but when i make ip nat inside static then i see translation when i do sho ip nat translation or if i make dynamic also can se with command show

Reply to
Anis

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

Hi,

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ethernet1 Try something like this instead ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Remember that going inside to outside BEFORE NATting there is always routing... and if routing can't find a way to the next hop the packet is dropped.

Regards, Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Beltrame

messaggionews: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

I removed the 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ethernet1 and replaced it with ip route

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 and still same results, from the router i can ping out fine, but from the lan i cant get past the ethernet1(wan) interface. any other ideas?
Reply to
IamCdop

Greetings,

Possibly because of this line in your config?

Cheers..............pk.

Reply to
Peter

Thanks for the tip, however shouldnt the command ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ethernet1 negate the no ip routing? if not what can i do to remove it?

Reply to
IamCdop

Hi,

Peter is right, unless you need to use Integrated Routing and Bridging "IP routing" must be enabled... otherwise there can't be NAT 'cause routing never take place.

ip route ..... only create a static route entry; it does not enable routing.

to enable IP Routing just use "ip routing" in Global config mode.

Regards, Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Beltrame

messaggionews: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

That did it, thank you so much!!

Reply to
IamCdop

Greetings,

No... Routing is a layer 3 Routing activity, and the "no ip routing" statement effectively turns the Layer 3 Routing "engine" off. The statement "no ip routing" effectively turns the Router into a Layer 2 only device (for routing functionality), so regardless of the "route .." statements store in the config, no layer 3 Routing activity can take place.

There is a rough similarity with ACL's, you can define as many ACL's as you like, MAC ACL's, IP ACL's IPX ACL's. but until you have the appropriate ACL referenced in an appropriate interface (or other valid place in the config), the ACL is never actually used.

Just enter "ip routing" and you will have your Layer 3 Router back again. Note that IOS does to display the default setting for a command in the config, so you never see "ip routing" in the config, only its negative form.

Cheers............pk.

Reply to
Peter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.