can PIX 515E log traffic by internal destination host?

Hello everyone,

I'm curious if the PIX 515E can log traffic by the internal desination host IP address. Since the device in question is performing NAT, it seems like it would be analyzing the packet by destination anyway. Is there a way to turn on a log to tally the amount of bandwidth each internal host is getting forwarded to it?

Thanks for any help,

jason

Reply to
jason
Loading thread data ...

Thanks, that answers my questions.

jason

Reply to
jason

In article , jason wrote: :I'm curious if the PIX 515E can log traffic by the internal desination :host IP address.

Only in the sense that you could have individual 'permit' statements for each distinguished destination, and use the 'log' keyword on those statements.

:Since the device in question is performing NAT, it :seems like it would be analyzing the packet by destination anyway. Is :there a way to turn on a log to tally the amount of bandwidth each :internal host is getting forwarded to it?

No, if you want that, you will need to post-process the logs.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.