c260 IOS 12.3 & IPv6 OSPF

I have Cisco 2600's running c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.123-9 and we are trying to bring up IPv6. I realize OSPF had to be written for IPv6 but it is working on our c7200s running 12.4. However on the 2600s the "ipv6 router ospf {id}" doesn't produce an error or allow for configuration:

rdggate(config)#ipv6 router ospf 10 rdggate(config)#

So I assume it is not supported?

My apologies if this should be obvious but Cisco version numbers and the requisite tables leave me bewildered.

Reply to
whitemice
Loading thread data ...

what does the following prodcue on the 2600:

config t ipv6 router ospf 10 end

conf t interface ipv6 ospf 10 area 0 end

show ipv6 ospf

show ipv6 ospf interface

Reply to
Merv

rdggate# config t Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. rdggate(config)#ipv6 router ospf 11 rdggate(config)#interface ethernet0/0 rdggate(config-if)#ipv6 ospf 11 area 0 ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

rdggate(config-if)#exit rdggate(config)#exit rdggate#show ipv6 ospf ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

So it sure looks unsupported. I'm just very suprised by this

So I need IOS 12.4 to do IPv6 OSPF I assume.

Reply to
whitemice

supposed to be in 12.3(25) according to Cisoc feature navigator fo what that is worth ...

Reply to
Merv

You don't say which model 2600 you are trying to use.

The FeatureNavigator says OSPFv3 is available only in the 2620 in the IP Plus image for 12.3 and 12.2T. The 2610XM can have it in IP+ and up on 12.3. Same with the 2650 and 2691.

So, I'm guessing you have the 2610, and for whatever reason, Cisco determined not to support OSPFv3 on the 2610 even though it can run IPv6 in general, maybe not enough memory/cpu on that platform?

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.