Async Understanding

I have a situation that is a little strange. I have a router that normally uses a cellular interface to connect to an MPLS network. We use a modem attached to the AUX port for dial backup. We also have EIGRP routing enabled on the router. Since the AUX port is "up (spoofing)", the connected route for the modem dialup subnet is redistributed via EIGRP. We would like the AUX interface to be down instead of spoofed until it is needed. We have other routers that use serial connections which behave differently (down until needed). What would be the best course for me? Thanks.

Reply to
Russianj
Loading thread data ...

You can use route map to filter out dial up subnet during redistribution.

Regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

We have decided to go with a distribute-list. We were just trying to see if there was a better practice to force an async interface down as opposed to spoof up. We have routers with serial interfaces set to async mode that show Protocol Down when not connected and therefore, don't redistribute their DBU route unless connected.

Reply to
Russianj

Post your config, maybe someone can suggest a different method to implement that will work the way you want it to.

We have decided to go with a distribute-list. We were just trying to see if there was a better practice to force an async interface down as opposed to spoof up. We have routers with serial interfaces set to async mode that show Protocol Down when not connected and therefore, don't redistribute their DBU route unless connected.

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.