ASA5510 and Vista 64bit with IPSec

So we are looking into upgrading the Cisco PIX 515e with the ASA5510.

We are purchasing all new Vista 64bit laptops for mobile users and need them to VPN into the Office. They need access to more then Jsut SSL enabled Applications. THe Old School Cisco Client was great and I was able to use it file, though only 32bit.

What I cant seem to Find on Cisco's Website about the ASA 5500 series is:

Does it Support using a Microsoft CA Server (2003/2008, with or without MSCEP) Does it Support Vista x64 Clients using IPSec with Certs From the Above Cert server?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
scooter133
Loading thread data ...

You have the following choices: a) Use the sucessor of the Cisco VPN Client: Cisco Anyconnect b) Use the buildin VPN functionality from Windows Vista

ASA and PIX does support MS-SCEP (now called Network Device Enrollment Service) which is available for Windows 2003 from the ressource kit and in Windows 2008 Enterprise.

Yes.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

So my Main reason for using Certs was we had users Sharing Passwords, So I wanted more control of the User Account. Does the Vista Client Support Certificate Enrollment/Authentication?

Yeah, why only allow Network Device Enrollment Service on 2008 Enterprise? Now I have to use an Old 2003 Box to do it... Its Virtual but still...

Is this with the AnyConnect Client? I got a copy from Cisco's Website, though I must have downloaded the SSL Version. It only has a place to put an IP Address. Nothing else. THe Old Client had the Cert Enrollment, and many other options. Did I download the wrong client?

Thanks!

Scott

Reply to
scooter133

Sorry, I've never tried it personally. I assume: yes, it does.

A NDES version for W2k8 standard might be available (through some dark channels). Microsoft does offer hotfixes for this version.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.