6500 modules & netflow - what is the difference between "X-BAR" and "Fabric enabled" , netflow questions

Couple of questions ;

1) What is the difference between "X-BAR" and "Fabric enabled"

2) Can the WS-X6548-RJ-45 be upgraded to DFC3BXL ? Is the WS-X6548-RJ-45 fabric enabled, is that what "X-BAR" means?

3) The WS-X6748-GE-TX , can this be upgraded to DFCBXL?

My assumptions are as follows:

A) A SUP720-3BXL will allow the WS-X6548-RJ-45 to use fabric, and could be enabled to do dCEF with the addition of a DFC3BXL.

B) A SUP720-3BXL will allow the WS-X6748-GE-TX to use fabric, and could be enabled to do dCEF with the addition of a DFC3BXL.

C) I want to export netflows as follows, and consider this possible (as an assumption), that all the ports in both blades will end up on the same layer2 VLAN (all switchport access vlan x), and that when I export flow data from the switch that in the flowdata will include the ifindex of the ingress port, the source ip and the destination ip on the same layer2 vlan.

The idea is this: I need to see using the flowdata a person attacking a neighbor on the same vlan identified by ifindex.

TIA

Reply to
zeio
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.