Frame Relay Simulation Question

I'm trying to simulate a network through a frame relay cloud with my Cisco CCNA network simulator. How do I keep the WAN links in the same network on the other side of the FR cloud? Must I use NAT?

For example, if I have local_rtr S0 with an ip of 192.168.101.1 going into the FR cloud, and I want the remote_rtr (off the other side of the FR cloud) to be 192.168.101.2 how do I do this?

Thanks

RB

Reply to
rb33339
Loading thread data ...

Excellent. Thanks!

Reply to
rb33339

Your End: 192.168.101.1 Remote End: 192.168.101.2

! Your End interface serial0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay ietf ! interface serial0.1 point-to-point ip address 192.168.101.1 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci ietf !

! Remote End interface serial0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay ietf ! interface serial0.1 point-to-point ip address 192.168.101.2 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci ietf !

Reply to
darkocellardoor

In this situation, there is no need to use subinterfaces. In fact, if you don't, then the dlci's can be autodiscovered. The config is as easy as this:

local:

interface serial encapsulation frame-relay ietf ip address 192.168.101.1 255.255.255.252

remote:

interface serial0 encapsulation frame-relay ietf ip address 192.168.101.2 255.255.255.252

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

What if the circuit is point-to-point and the remote end has you built to a Sub-Interface?

Reply to
darkocellardoor

How the other end is configured is not really of consequence to you. You are configuring the router from *your* perspective. If this is a hub/spoke config, you can have subinterfaces at the central location and single interfaces at the remotes. Of course, you do need to make sure that your ip is on the right subnet.

Actually, you can even have a single interface at the central location in a hub and spoke / point to multipoint environment, it just limits your control somewhat. If there is no driving reason, this config saves time during config and maintenance since all pvcs will be autodiscovered. All sites can be on the same subnet when configured as a single interface. When you want to add a new site, you just config the remote router and drop it in, nothing to do at the central location.

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.