CCNA 640-801 - simulator questions

hello again, having never taken any of the cisco exams i was hoping someone could tell me a bit about the simulator portion. any info at all would be helpful, but i'm really curious as to how your answers are logged. for instance, if you type in a inproper command ( but in the correct syntacs ), will it accept it? will it deny it? will it end that particular question? what kind of questions usually show up on a simulation? how many are there usually?

anyone with any simulator tips would be much appreciated thank you

Reply to
edibleHorse
Loading thread data ...

When on a simulator, the simulator will tell you if a command is allowed or not allowed. For example if do enter "wr" The simulator will tell you that "write" commands are not allowed. So then you need to know the appropriate "copy" command.

You can forward and backwards all you want on the simulations. As long as the job is done correctly at the end before you move onto the next question, you will be cool.

You seem to be worried about the 'test.' Don't. Just know what you know. Trust in the force. The test is not intended to trick you - it is intended to discover if you know basic operation. Go for it.

Reply to
John Agosta

i'm worried... $125 is alot of money to pay for a test witha pretty high failure rate! it's alot of info to cover and i think the simultor will make or break ir for me. thanks for your input john. may the force be with you. Ed

Reply to
edibleHorse

well, as far as I can remember from doing the exam that there were only a few simulators (maybe 2 or 3). The questions asked there were really easy ones. I believe the purpose of the simulators is to tease those people that dont have any practical experience on cisco devices. For those who have they´re easy!

Regards, Axel

Reply to
Axel Gärtner

Here's my 2 cents. I am going to be taking the test this Friday, our instructor says the simulators are only slightly more weighted than other questions. But he says don't take a lot of time doing them. If you don't seem close after 10 minutes on that question move to the next. Hopefully, he is right.

Bill

Reply to
William Rice

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.