WaveLAN antenna connector?

I'm trying to identify a connector used with a 915MHz WaveLAN wireless access point (circa 1997). I have searched high and low, but cannot figure out what type of connector I need. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I've taken the liberty of providing some visual aid! Here is a picture of the mystery connector I'm hoping to identify:

formatting link
Now, this looks suspiciously like an SMB connector. Alas, it is not. I had a custom pigtail cable made (for $38!) using an SMB connector and it is not a match. Here is a picture of the mystery connector and the SMB connector side-by-side:

formatting link
Close, but no go :( If anyone has an idea what this might be (or has some other clever idea on how to get from the access point to a RP-TNC connector) please, please let me know! And if you can cc: me via email as well, that'd be swell - I don't want to miss your response.

Reply to
Kevin Mills
Loading thread data ...

Dmitri,

Thanks very much for your reply. I did indeed post to alt.internet.wireless and it looks like I may have to open up the AP and solder a "known" jack into place. I have been checking eBay, but have come up short.

Yes, this is a Lucent WaveLAN AP and, yes, there are some uses for it :) What I'm doing is attempting to link two sites that are less than a mile away, but are not line-of-sight with no feasible way to construct a tower. The 900 Mhz signal should do the trick... if I can just get the antennas connected!

Thanks!

Reply to
googlegroups

Lucent (or yours is still marked NCR ?) used proprietary connectors back then. They may be still available on eBay, but I'm not sure. You definitely want to re-post this question to alt.internet.wireless: very responsive crowd, you'll definitely get help there. We keep it archived here:

formatting link
You may want to search for WaveLAN, see what comes up.

Anyways, is there still some use for a non-IEEE-compliant WavePoint? ;-)

Good luck with your search.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

You may try asking in sci.electronics.components. I used to use Lucent Wavelan equipment for wireless internet access. It was the first high speed internet option available in a town I used to live in.

I have to wonder if you have tried using regular 802.11x equipment for your link. I have used 802.11b cisco equipment for linking offices miles away (using the Cisco pringles can antennas and a central whip antenna). There was not always line of sight access but we had no problems.

--Dan

Reply to
dg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.